Lodge Buchanan 1499 (2004 - 2019)
11-13 Tabernacle Lane
Lodge Buchanan was founded in the village of Newton, near Cambuslang, which stood on the banks of the River Clyde. It was a mining and farming village and Bro. John Stevenson, P.M., who was the lodge's first Worshipful Senior Warden, took these factors into consideration when designing the Lodge Crest,
Looking at the crest you will see that in the top right hand corner of the shield is a depiction of the "pit wind" and in the bottom left hand corner, depictions of a "pit bing", "a flowing river" and "green fields and trees". These illustrations therefore give an insight into the main farming and mining industries, in which many of the local community were employed.
The two other quarters of the shield carry the letters of "G" and "B" and these refer to Bro. George Buchanan, a local man, who was a Past Master of Lodge St Andrew, East Kilbride, No. 524. These letters also refer to "God" and "Brotherly Love".
The Lodge Name and the year of constitution are also shown on the crest.